At Prospect Law we offer a full range of contentious and non-contentious construction services. Our construction and engineering practice combines extensive experience with in-depth construction project technical knowledge across multiple jurisdictions. We provide construction and engineering advice and guidance on major projects across the globe, and we have extensive experience not only in the UK but in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Our clients include large commercial developers, contractors, engineering companies and specialist sub-contractors.
Our talented lawyers are able to advise clients on every aspect of construction, including highly complex disputes involving detailed technical construction and engineering issues such as defective works, delay and cumulative impact claims, errors in engineering, claims for loss and expense, disruption, force majeure and termination.
Our team are market leaders in advising on procurement and the various forms of construction contract including JCT, ACA, ICE, FIDIC, NEC, GCWORKS as well as EPCM and DBO contracts. We also offer bespoke drafting of technical aspects within construction contracts.
We provide advice from small endeavours to large-scale mass projects of critical importance. We give strategic input to our clients on technical legal issues while offering a conciliatory approach and relationship building. When things go wrong, our dispute resolution and litigation specialists are professional and thorough in their advocacy.
Some recent instructions include:
- Facilitated successful recovery on behalf of a multinational engineering company of unpaid fees and resolved an associated dispute involving alleged defective design and late performance on a massive mixed-use construction project;
- Drafted and negotiated client, vendor and subcontractor agreements (domestic and international) for a multinational;
- Represented the seller of a 42–acre commercial property in a multi-party suite based on a breach of contract;
- Represented a large domestic contractor in arbitration to resolve claims on a tower project in the Middle East for a value of around USD 136 m; and
- Advised a large multinational HVAC and building controls specialist subcontractor regarding a multi-million-dollar settlement.
Our construction services are led by John Blackshaw.
Wherever your project lies, our lawyers will champion and support your interests wholeheartedly and help you to navigate past the hurdles that present themselves while offering you a cost-effective and highly competitive value for money service.