Immigration Applications for leave to remain under the Immigration Rules, including:
- Student and work experience visas
- Visit visas (for tourism, or visiting friends / family)
- Spouse and partners applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
- Applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System;
- Dependent relative and family reunion applications
- Ancestry visas
- Other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence
On average, this type of visa application will typically cost between £600 and £5250, exclusive of VAT and disbursements (see below for more detail).
The exact number of hours needed will depend on the circumstances in your case, such as:
- the amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Which language(s) you speak
- Whether you are applying with other dependants
- the exact type of application as some are much more complicated than others
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence at our first meeting, and clearly meet the relevant requirements of a straightforward application, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of this range.
What services are included
The work will involve:
- Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you;
- Giving you advice about the requirements of the relevant Immigration Rules and whether you meet the criteria.
- If you do not fulfil certain criteria, whether this can be overcome and how, which on average takes 1-3 hours;
- Considering the supporting evidence you have provided, which we anticipate will take 1 to 10 hours *;
- Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as employment records and bank statements), including taking statements from any witnesses – this can take anywhere from 1-10 hours;
- Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf, which we anticipate will take anywhere from 2 to 8 hours;
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application and any further steps you need to take.
*the amount of hours depends on the number of documents, whether they need to be translated, whether anything is missing and how long it will take to obtain the missing documents
Excluded from the costs estimate is the following:
- Where the Home Office refuse your application, advice and assistance in relation to any review or appeal.
Disbursements (also not included in the above costs estimate)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. To ensure a smoother process, we handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf.
- the Home Office fees for making the application. You will pay this to the Home Office directly as part of the application process.
- Interpreters’ fees at £15-30 per hour: This kind of application will normally require between 3-15 hours with an interpreter, depending on the complexity of your case. You are not obliged to use an interpreter of our choosing and may also bring a friend to interpret for you if you prefer. You will also need to pay for the translation of any documents. This is normally charged at 10 pence per word.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Read the current processing times.
We will normally be able to submit this type of application within 1-4 weeks of receiving your instructions, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if further time is needed.
Please note these fees are estimate only based on the facts above. All applications vary and we can give you a more accurate estimate once we are fully informed about your case.