Prospect Law has extensive experience of advising the nuclear industry at an international level. Our team has advised the UK government, overseas governments through the EU assistance schemes, Middle East Government bodies, and commercial developers.
Prospect is a signatory to the Supply Chain Charter for Nuclear Decommissioning Sites. In addition, Prospect’s nuclear specialist team includes members of the International Nuclear Law Association (INLA) and The Nuclear Institute (Management Committees).
Areas of advice that we offer extend beyond the purely legal, and include advice on nuclear economics, risk management and insurance, Decommissioning Trust Funds, and nuclear security and CBRN counterterrorism.
Particular Areas of Expertise:
- All aspects of waste management, including domestic and international transport, storage and repositories.
- Decommissioning of nuclear sites from a legal, regulatory and financial perspective.
- Advice surrounding the UK’s requirements for Suitably Qualified and Experienced Employees (SQEP), and director’s duties.
- Planning and Environmental law as they apply to nuclear sites.
- Complex multi-jurisdictional commercial deals and the international legal position in terms of contracting and procurement.
- Inter-Governmental co-operation arrangements.
- Nuclear insurance including the establishment of nuclear insurance pools, and advice on insurance polices, coverage and claims.
- Investigations and Enforcement Activities, including advice for both corporate and individual clients.
- Anti-Corruption and Anti-Bribery compliance, and advice and representation in the event of an investigation.
- Nuclear plant Health and Safety.
For more information contact:
Edward de la Billiere on 020 7947 5354 or by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org