Andrew Waite, Prospect Law’s Senior Environmental Law Specialist, provides key insights and guidance to help you understand the environmental issues, opportunities, threats, and potential options for managing risk.
As the scope and complexity of environmental law continues to evolve, it is increasingly important to remain up to date and aware of the obligations and key impacts of current legislation.
This two-hour course details the significant areas of legislation and key implications of environmental law from the perspective of the property sector.
The course covers:
- Key environmental issues and risks that relate to property transactions
- land contamination
- water pollution
- regulated sites
- invasive species
- hazardous substances
- climate change/energy
- sewerage/water supply
- Information requirements; buyers’ and sellers’ perspectives and duty of disclosure
- Enquiries before contract
- Local Authority, drainage, and water enquiries
- Environmental surveys
- Contaminated land
- Options for managing environmental risk
- Environmental insurance
- Leasehold – contaminated land problems and other environmental issues
- Lender liability issues
- Environmental permits
Who would benefit from attending this course?
The practical insights provided by the course will be immensely valuable to individuals working within the property sector or whose work has an involvement with property transactions.
The course will be of specific interest to anyone who would benefit from an understanding of:
- The key environmental risks and legislation that relate to property transactions
- The range of options to manage those risks
- Information requirements and environmental factors relating to pre-contract enquires including contaminated land, statutory requirements, environmental surveys and permits
- Local authority, drainage and water enquiries that relate to specific environmental issues
- Types of environmental surveys and issues to consider when establishing whether a survey needs to be commissioned
- Potential liabilities relating to contaminated land and the options to mitigate risk
- The impacts of environmental issues on leasehold arrangements
- The impacts of environmental issues on lender liability considerations
Andrew Waite is a solicitor and specialist in environmental, health and safety and public law, advising on regulatory and liability issues for a broad range of industries.
He has been listed as a leading expert in the legal directories for many years and is the leading author of Waite and Jewell, Environmental Law in Property Transactions, 4th ed (2016) and editor of the Environmental Law Handbook, 4th ed (2013). Andrew is a graduate of Oxford University and is a former Lecturer in Law at Southampton University and a Visiting Professor at the University of Georgia (USA).
This is a two-hour online course with materials included.
This course can also be provided via classroom delivery and can be customised to meet specific requirements and learning objectives of your organisation.
If you would like to discuss the possibility of arranging an in-house or customised course, please contact Ben Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07869 307437